Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Snap Back to Reality

Hope you enjoyed my Eminem reference in this blog title today. It reminds me of a simpler time when Eminem was the newest/coolest rapper around and I still thought capris were the best. I bring this up because I'm just returning from my Minnesotan vacation and I felt like I was back in time.

I was in New Ulm, MN for the majority of my trip, a town of about 13,000. Truly, everyone in town was beyond welcoming and so laid back. Super refreshing so not have to be angry at everyone all the time (as I am here). It was like being a kid again in a way, just walking around, hanging out, laughing. 

I got some fun items at the local thrift shops: 2 purses, 3 bracelets, a pin, 2 belts, a necklace = $15

Got back to the city Sunday night to a baggage claim full of sunburned spring breakers. They each made me want to sterilize America. Conveyor belt broke, the teens started climbing on it like savages in protest. I considered stabbing my eyeballs but that seemed silly. Reality check, people in NYC are obnoxious, welcome home!

Here are some pics of my time in the land of 1,000 lakes.

-Penny




Jessica's guinea pig Marty passed away








No comments:

Post a Comment