Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Effie Trinket Rocks the Peplum

This weekend we saw The Hunger Games and it was ah-ma-zing. 

I read the first book in 2009 after it was gifted to me and I was "meh" about reading it because of the cover. If a book jacket doesn't have a picture of a woman running in heels or a pink background I'm suspicious of its content (yeah, I'm that girl). But then I became addicted. And so did everyone else.

The stuff they left out in the film wasn't important enough to make a difference to me. And the dudes were hot, so I was pretty much fine with whatever. The director/writers/etc. did a lot with the time allotted. It was totally well-done and minimal on the cheese scale.

Most importantly, did everyone notice Effie Trinket's wardrobe staple of choice?  Not only did Elizabeth Banks NAIL the character, but her outfits and makeup were stellar. Peplum everywhere! Below is the only picture I can find, but it definitely popped up more than once.

It's good to know in our dystopian future all the trendy ladies will still be wearing our blog's namesake trend.

x, Emily

Lions Gate 

No comments:

Post a Comment