Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oui, Oui!

Oui Oui


I took French for three years in high school so I often pretend I speak it fluently. If I run into a French person I immediately start whipping out my rusty français. For me it's more entertaining than embarrassing. I cannot say the same for them…

As of late, the French have made their way back into my brain. During an episode of MTV’s I Just Want My Pants Back, the lead character was dating a klepto French gal who was a squatter. AMC’s Mad Men caused a riot with with Don Draper’s newest wife singing “Zou Bisou Bisou,” a 1960s French hit. I foresee the French taking over once again.

I've always admired the French, mainly because I feel their women’s fashion has always felt effortless yet classic. I suppose it’s a European thing in general.  If I was living in Paris, I would live in long loose flow-y dresses, sheer shirts, & tailored trousers.

Real talk? If I lived in Paris I would actually spend my time in a café eating baguettes, wine and cheese all day. All day. That means I’d probably have to live in a poncho/garbage bag.

Au revoir,
Penny


2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the last part. I picture what I would do if I France all the time but the truth is I wouldn't be as near as cool as imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shop and eat!! There's really nothing else to life. - Penny

      Delete